[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New and frustrated with poor services - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

New and frustrated with poor services

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Just wondering if Keren should best have a thread of her own?!!! Our lovely mods often do this 'automatically'! That way the answers won't get muddled up.

??
Thanks everyone for your information and advice. I am going to see my GP to see what can be done, I have written to mums GP but I get no response, obviously like you say I do everything so there is no will for the services to get involved. I will keep trying and hopefully something will be done, thanks again.
Keren, next time your mum has an outburst, record it on your mobile phone.
It was the only way another forum member was believed by the carers GP, and it certainly got the ball rolling as far as help was concerned.
If you feel physically threatened by mum, lock yourself in your room and dial 999. Your own safety is paramount.
It may be that after a stay in hospital and a medication review, mum can become calmer.
However, the "bottom line" is whether or not you wish to care at all.