[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New and advise welcome - Carers UK Forum

New and advise welcome

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi - I am carer along with other family members of my father. He has been disabled (amputee) for 10 years and we have manged well. Unfortunatley he has now deteritorated to stage where he has just come home from hospital and now requires 24 hour care and can do virtually nothing for himself. So for the first time we are having professional local authority carers coming in to help.
On Monday someone is coming from social services re financial assessment. As we have always worked,paid tax and dad has occupational pension I'm sure we will have to pay for this care but all advice would be welcome as to how this works.
We have already started to employ a family member to assist 40 hours per week to support dad (and mum) through day leaving me and sister to assist more evenings/nights/weekends.
We will keep them in their own home and will pay where we can but not sure how it works.
Thanks in advance
Hi Wendy,

Welcome to the forum. There is some basic information about charging for services here
http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Hel ... icecharges
if you require further information call our CarersLine 0808 808 7777 which is open Wed and Thurs 10-12 and 2-4
Hello Wendy and welcome to the forum!

I do hope that you found the link that Gavin give you helpful before your meeting today. Keep us updated on what the outcome was.

Take care
Maryann x