[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nf2 - Carers UK Forum

Nf2

Tell us a bit about yourself here.

Nf2

My husband is 59. He has had it for a while, but after his fifth operation and a fall down the stairs he is getting less and less mobile. He seems to have fallen off the radar. I find I get so tired fighting for appointments and support group for him and mysel, thank you so much for your comments. It's really nice to know there are other people who are in similar situations
Hi Vicky, welcome to the forum. What help and you getting?
Very little, I am made to feel so guilty if I ask for respite care
That's just a ploy to make you 'give in and go away'....ignore it. When you think how much public money is squandered (whether on MP's perks, HS2 or men who father a dozen children on a dozen women!!!!), then anyone with illness is the least guilty of all......

All the best, Jenny
Vicky, I don't know who is trying to make you feel guilty, whether it's your husband or Social Services, or both, but they are wrong. Your own health, mental as well as physical, is really important now, everyone should understand that. If his illness gets worse, which I understand is a possibility having looked it up, respite of some form is going to be almost inevitable. I hope you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to. If in doubt, ring the Carers UK helpline. If you are finding it difficult to keep up with all the house and garden jobs, this is the time to be ruthless. Soon after my husband died suddenly I was disabled in a car accident. I had to be absolutely ruthless with my half acre garden, previously maintained by my husband. The fruit trees and the flower borders all went. Now my sons give it a quick whizz round with the mower, job done. I still have flowers, in pots on a new patio, they are in large "vegetable" troughs, so I can tend them without kneeling down. I have a dishwasher and a washer/dryer. No more shelves with ornaments. So much easier to look after, wish I'd done it years ago.