Need some advice please

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I was not for one minute suggesting you should pay for her care. If she has under £23,000 in savings, Social Services would pay for the care, the exact amount dependent on her income, that is why I asked about her savings. Is she claiming Attendance Allowance?
Social Services are supposed to support Carers to continue working, hence my suggestion of a Carers Assessment.
LIsa_190412 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:47 am
Thank you all for your replies, I really do appreciate it.

I'm unfortunately not in a financial position to move out and I wouldn't be able to afford to pay for care for her. I've often mentioned about her trying to get out socially but unless I take her she just isn't interested. I think she knows that my marriage broke down, in part, due to our living with her but obviously she's not totally to blame. My relationship that I had after my divorce is the one that I miss the most. He had spent 2 years looking after his mother before her passing and I thought he would have understood my situation but he, just like my siblings, couldn't understand how much pressure I was under so he walked away and I really don't blame him. If I could walk away from me then I would.
Extra care scheme are social housing costs. Plus service charges. You would get some kind of financial assistance.

It's not all older people that live in these buildings. Some are new builds where some people have brought shared leases etc.