[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Moving home - Carers UK Forum

Moving home

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi,
I care for my husband and currently live in a 2 bedroomed house. We had a wet room put in downstairs, but now he is a wheelchair most of the time, he cannot get through the doors. As we had the wetroom built via a Disabled Facilities Grant, the Council are not keen on spending any more. Our stairs are not suitable for a stairlift either. We are going to have to sell our house and because we can't afford a bungalow n our locality, we are going to have to move miles away to another area where we don't know anyone. Life is difficult enough without the stress of starting 'from scratch' again. Has any one else had this problem. Also can anyone give any ideas where to move to (nice areas) - possibly Wales, Lincolnshire, Norfolk. Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Hi Hez and welcome................Devon is lovely Image Image
hi hez i cant beleive you have got move away from were you are now and leave your frends and the area you know i think it out of order that your local council are washing there hands of you i cant give you any advise of were to go but i hope you get a better local council god luck in your hunt for somewere to live Image