[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello. - Carers UK Forum

Hello.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello Everyone one.
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Simon I'm in my early 30's and I care full time for my father who had Frontal Temporal Dementia. He was diagnosed at 56 and has gotten a lot worse since I moved back home from London. Anyway I just wanted to say hello. You are all fantastic, fabulous people I can say without meeting you because you are each strong, kind hearted and loving. I look forward to connecting with you all. Xx
Hi Simon, what support are you getting from Social Services and the NHS? Have you claimed Attendance Allowance for dad, and Carers Allowance for you? Claimed exemption from Council Tax for dad, as he has severe mental impairment (can be backdated to diagnosis)? You may also be able to claim exemption for yourself, as a carer, but I'm not sure about that.
Simon _1703 wrote:Hello Everyone one.
... Anyway I just wanted to say hello. You are all fantastic, fabulous people I can say without meeting you because you are each strong, kind hearted and loving. I look forward to connecting with you all. Xx
Aw shucks Simon :blush: :blush: :blush:
We thank you very much for the compliments.
Let's hope we can live up to them :)
Welcome Simon.
This is a very supportive forum and you can vent as much as you want.
Lots have practical advice, and lots understand the difficulties of every day life. So do keep in touch
bowlingbun wrote:Hi Simon, what support are you getting from Social Services and the NHS? Have you claimed Attendance Allowance for dad, and Carers Allowance for you? Claimed exemption from Council Tax for dad, as he has severe mental impairment (can be backdated to diagnosis)? You may also be able to claim exemption for yourself, as a carer, but I'm not sure about that.
Hi bowlingbun.
I already claim carers allowance for him, as well as council tax etc. Still looking into the other bits n bobs. As for social services one word HA! I had a meeting with them in October last year they promised to do a few bits for me. However when they revisited in Feb nothing had been done and no help given not even respite care. I'm with my dad 24/7. I can tell you they didn't enjoy that visit because I was like a dog with a bone! I won't stand for it any longer. Also it annoys me the way they treat everyone with dementia the same way. When knowing that dementia is different in everyone as you may have the same type but you'll progress differently. Anyway sorry rant over. But yes I'm seeking financial help.
If you don't have much in the way of savings then you may be entitled to ESA, Employment Support Allowance. If you are getting Carers Allowance you cannot be asked to look for work.
Email Social Services again, ask for them to forward you a copy of their last visit and Needs Assessment for dad, and Carers Assessment for you(which will surprise them!) and ask them to update both as a matter of urgency as you CANNOT continue caring for dad without support, as his condition has worsened significantly.
Tell them that if it isn't sent within the next seven days you will be contacting the Local Government Ombudsman. Usually that puts you near the top of the queue, because all LA's have to submit a return at the end of the year, which includes details of the number of cases referred!!!!
bowlingbun wrote:If you don't have much in the way of savings then you may be entitled to ESA, Employment Support Allowance. If you are getting Carers Allowance you cannot be asked to look for work.
Email Social Services again, ask for them to forward you a copy of their last visit and Needs Assessment for dad, and Carers Assessment for you(which will surprise them!) and ask them to update both as a matter of urgency as you CANNOT continue caring for dad without support, as his condition has worsened significantly.
Tell them that if it isn't sent within the next seven days you will be contacting the Local Government Ombudsman. Usually that puts you near the top of the queue, because all LA's have to submit a return at the end of the year, which includes details of the number of cases referred!!!!
Thank you very much for that. I'll do just that. I have the bit between my teeth right now.
Hi and welcome
tracie wrote:Hi and welcome
Hello and thank you :D :D