[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
My first post! - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

My first post!

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello and welcome Lin Image
Hello & thanks Myrtle. Warm regards.
Welcome to the forum Lin - lots of people on here caring for relatives with one form of dementia or another.

My 86 year old Mum has Alzheimers (diagnosed 2 years ago now) and a host of mobility issues to add to her problems. Although Mum still manages to live independently (just !) I am virtually her sole carer and see her every day; this forum has been a lifeline for me, everyone is so friendly and supportive.
Welcome to the forum Lin - lots of people on here caring for relatives with one form of dementia or another.

My 86 year old Mum has Alzheimers (diagnosed 2 years ago now) and a host of mobility issues to add to her problems. Although Mum still manages to live independently (just !) I am virtually her sole carer and see her every day; this forum has been a lifeline for me, everyone is so friendly and supportive.
Hi Susieq - thank you for your welcome. My mum is 85 and stopped walking about 3 years ago. She is doubly incontinent and cannot communicate or feed herself so life here is very interesting! I manage with a hoist and a hospital bed etc. courtesy of Social Services. The worst problem is that she cannot be left as she totally dependent. I rely heavily on my family and Crossroads to get to Tesco!

Warm regards to you and your mum.
Welcome to the forum Lin. Image
Welcome to the forum Lin. Image
Hi Alix8 - Thanks for your welcome. Hope you are having a good day. I have a couple of hours off this morning courtesy of Crossroads so am off to Tesco. It doesn't get much better than this, does it?!
Hi - welcome to the forum. My mum also has dementia and lives with me and my husband and we have 6 kids between us and a mad chocolate labrador!
My mum is also doubly incontinent, doesnt communicate, is hoisted from hospital bed to chair and is due to have a peg feed very soon. However she is only just 70 and has been ill for ten years now. Sounds like we have a similar life!

Everyone is very friendly here and is always ready to listen! Image

Teresa.
Hi - welcome to the forum. My mum also has dementia and lives with me and my husband and we have 6 kids between us and a mad chocolate labrador!
My mum is also doubly incontinent, doesnt communicate, is hoisted from hospital bed to chair and is due to have a peg feed very soon. However she is only just 70 and has been ill for ten years now. Sounds like we have a similar life!

Everyone is very friendly here and is always ready to listen! Image

Teresa.
Hi Teresa Thanks for your reply and welcome. I am not sure why but I find a strange comfort in knowing that there is at least one other person who is in the same situationas me! Not that I would wish it on anyone else- this is a vile disease! However, its good to know you are not alone. Warm regards to you and your family
Welcome Lin,

Hope you feel at home here as I do. I am an ex carer of 10 years, and now bereaved. I cared for my lovely Mum who had dementia, and continued to care at home for her in the last stages of dementia.
It’s not easy, and its a roller coaster of a ride so my thoughts are with you and your family.
A very big Welcome from me Lin,

don't know what I'd do without this wonderful forum. It keeps me sane. I'm stuck indoors a lot as my Jill has dementia, allthough nothing like as bad as your Mum She was only 67 when she had Mini strokes TIA's, that sent her quite potty! She has improved a lot since then mind. Her brain has repaired itself a great deal. I still have to care for her 24/7 though.

Kind regards

Pete Image