[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
My caring role has changed just recently. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

My caring role has changed just recently.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi Lena welcome to the forum sorry to hear about your situation but try and keep your chin up love as things will get better
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has replied to my post and for all your great advice, when Christmas is over I will be acting on it and getting some help as I think this situation is not going to improve much in the near future anyway.
I did have an on duty Dr come out to see my husband yesterday which was Sunday, He didn't send him into hospital, as Sunday is a bad day for hospital admissions due to staff shortage. You have to be dying before they will take you in on a Sunday.
He did however give him a good examination and found he has fluid on one lung and fluid on one kidney, and has prescribed antibiotics so hopefully they will clear any infection he may have, and said to get more blood tests done.
Last night the psychiatrist who say my husband last week rang and said he would prescribe Gabalon when he had discussed it with his own Dr today. So may be that will help.
I know there is no quick fix for this as it's all down to alcohol abuse, once the damage is done it's almost impossibe to reverse, we just have to manage the the suitation, and hopefully the drugs will help a little with his confusion and get him thinking straight again.
It is really heartbreaking to see my husband, who was always so energetic and full of life and and helped everyone, to find himself so helpless now is tragic and in such a short space of a couple of months.
I am very fortunate that I have very good neighbours and friends who come by or phone every day to offer me help, God is good and I trust Him to carry us through this. Our son is also very supportive, but he has 3 little ones to help look after so can't always be here. But he is on the phone if needed in an emergency.
I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and those of you who are in difficult situations too the strength to carry on and hope 2013 will be a better year for all of us.
Will post again soon.
Christmas Hugs to you all.
Lena.