[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
My Caring Dilemma - Page 14 -Carers UK Forum

My Caring Dilemma

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
153 posts
BB - they don't do that here. She could rent this house out via the Council but they wouldn't let her rent a bungalow from them. Crazy I know but it is what it is.

The property I went to view has been snapped up by someone else. I put in my best offer but someone offered £20K more than me which I could not compete with. I was so pissed off when I got the email from the estate agent. Ran to my room and had a good cry.

I've just been feeling really down since then. I've not had any sleep most of this week. I just feel so run down and out of energy now. :sick: :sick: :sick:
Sorry to hear that you lost out. It may be disappointing now, but maybe you were not meant to have it. Keep trying.
Ontheverge,

Very frustrating, but I agree, it wasn't meant to be. Don't give up. Keep looking..

Melly1
Sorry to hear you lost this one, OnTheVerge, but that is the way house hunting often works. At least you are now looking in the right direction to improve your circumstances. Don't give up. When my wife and I have bought houses we usually have had to investigate a few before one strikes lucky.

Try to build up you savings, so you can increase your deposit.

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again!"
Hey,

How are we all? Hope you are all keeping OK.

I'm really fed up with everything at the moment. Getting from one day to the next is such a bother. Still giving care to 3 people, 2 of which are driving me potty. Work is still as hectic as ever. Still no support from other able family members who are more than happy to swoop in now and then and criticise me.

How do you all keep up hope? I've nothing positive on the horizon and nothing to look forward to other than going to work once every two weeks which seems to be my only respite.

Still quiet on the house hunting front but still keep checking in case something pops up.
So my brother got rushed to hospital yesterday. They are keeping him in due to some issues with his pancreas. They only let me into the entrance at A and E and wouldn't even let me go in to say goodbye before they whisked him off to another hospital.

I'm in a state. Mum's in a state.

I'm so tired. I couldn't sleep last night and I am shattered today. I can't even be bothered cooking or cleaning but I know I'll have to cook later.

Please send positive thoughts and vibes. Thanks.
Oh OntheVerge,

I'm very sorry to that, what a worry for you. Have you found out anymore since posting?

Melly1
Sorry to hear about your brother. I'm sure you like to cook quality meals, but it's quite OK to have a few convenience meals in stock. Pizzas in the fridge, canned vegetables in the larder, etc. I cook daily meals for my caree but convenience meals tide us through difficult periods when our time is occupied on critical matters.
I call it "Survival Food". Whatever you fancy, even if it's not healthy, is better than nothing.
Hi chums,

So he has pancreatitis but they are doing an MRI in 2 weeks before possible surgery. They kept him in for just short than a week. He was on a lot of drips. I'm just glad he came back in one piece. His face was bit fuller than when he went so that's only a good sign. He is eating again now and not vomiting all the time. Thanks for asking Melly.

How do you guys keep going? Where do you see light at the end of the tunnel? With the 3 people I look after, I just can't see a way out. I often dream about packing my bags and running off into the sunset and never turning back. I wish I had the courage to do it! I feel like I am just stuck in limbo. I've asked for the 3 other able siblings to help but got nothing in return. Although the oldest sibling is having issues with her grown up daughter and is asking me to mediate, I told her to foxtrot oscar. I think it's quite funny how family members come running when they need help but run off when you ask for anything!

Someone I work with is leaving in 2 months time. We had a proper 1 2 1 over the phone and she is having to leave due to caring for her Mum full time. She can't work and care too as it is too much for her. She made me whince when she said she hopes her Mum passes away soon. Initially I thought "oh you bitch" but I understood where she was coming from. She is constantly running around after her Mum having to do everything and she is on the verge of a breakdown. She is from a family of 10 but she is the one that has been lumbered with all the caring. Poor woman.

Hope you are all keeping well.
153 posts