[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi, I'm new here... - Carers UK Forum

Hi, I'm new here...

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi,

I'm new here only joined today :)

My name is Amanda.

I am a 39 year old single Mum and carer to my superstar son who is 11 years old with autism, learning disability and very limited language.
My son keeps me on my toes and unfortunately we are going through a rough patch with his behaviour which I'm hoping is just a phase as I can't see a reason for it :(

I am also pregnant and due just after Christmas.

We live in Cheshire and I am looking forward to chatting to fellow carers especially parent carers who 'get it'
Hi Amanda
I ve replied to your other thread in detail, so this is just to say 'hi' and stick around as it can take sometime for other carers to come forward, most are very busy so things here may take days rather than instant responses, but they are worth waiting for. :D

Meanwhile have a look around, especially the autism section here https://www.carersuk.org/forum/specific ... r-syndrome
Hi Amanda,
welcome to the forum, I hope you find it supportive and helpful.

I'm the sole carer of S who is now 26. He has autism, related LD and when he was 11 his communication was just emerging. So I "get it." Caring for someone with autism is a different way of life. Lots of highs and lows.

Melly1
Thank you so much for your replies. I'll have a read of that link thanks