[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mum refusing day care! - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Mum refusing day care!

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi I done that
It donot matter if I in middle of dinner etc I say I be with you in min or two and when I do go to him all I get is it don't matter now
What does your husband say or do? You married him, NOT HIS FATHER and if he wants you to help then he should be supporting you and making sure his dad treats you with respect. How much time do you have in a week free of care and responsibility?
Well, if he says 'It doesn't matter now' just say 'OK then' and go out of the room. If it really mattered to him, whatever it was he called you for, it would wait till you got to him.

The very elderly don't (because they can't!) think about anyone else any more. They just think about themselves. They don't do it deliberately, it's just because they are so old (and probably are developing dementia as well.)

Why is your father in law living with you and your husband (or are you living with him - ie, in his flat, not your own)? Who made the decision? Was it your husband?

You don't have to look after your father in law - there's no law, nothing, that says you do.

Do you have care-workers coming in to help you?

If you and your husband want to go out, and your father in law says he doesn't want to, or feels sick, well, leave him at home!