[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Looking for single male carers in same boat for friendship - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Looking for single male carers in same boat for friendship

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
A zombie thread ?

Said poster has not been on the forum since March 2017.
Hello Diane i read your post and its very similar to mine i joined cares uk
last week as a member and i look after my 85 year old mother with dementia which i have been doing
for over 10 years and before that since 2005 when my mother had a stroke and it is very hard at times and can
take its toll on you .

I think the world of my mother i know she gets very angry and sad and then there are good days as
well but i do long for femail friendship my own age as well
maybe one day i might and i mean just might find it who knows
you can feel so isolated at times
we need to start a club for single carers to chat or chill out
it has to be a good idea we are only here once
take care Diane .
A zombie thread ?

Said poster has not been on the forum since March 2017.
I remember this thread, and it does well to highlight that while we all share a common purpose, our needs still vary depending on our circumstances and phase of our lives, and continue to as we become "wiser" :)

I don't feel like anybody would be indifferent to someone starting a new thread within the board on this, or at least splitting this thread where the more recent postings resumed and move it into the members section allowing those showing more recent interest to continue the discussion (while allowing the original poster to find the first part of if they resurface)

as Chris suggests however the OP has been away a while - one can only hope they found what they were looking for.

Best Wishes
i have to say just one thing..

as a male carer , the last thing i want , is friendship / dating a female carer.
its bad enough being a carer to start with , last thing i want is to be in a relationship with an other carer.

i want a life as far away as possible .
one of my sisters recently said i can move in with her when mum passes away .
sorry but no way in hell am i being a carer my entire life , as what kind of life is that for me ?.
simple answer NONE.
Hi Diane i did post last week but had to post again
regarding the post phil posted you i am in the same situation as phil my 85 year old mother
as you know has dementia and it is very hard to get out and meet other people of our age group
there should be some kind of clubs for carers of our age group to be able
to chat and have a drink and to socialize and to find friendship there is nothing wrong
with that.

I was badly let down by my mothers carer who had taken a shine to me we were texting all the time
20 to 30 times a day and we were going to take my mother out
for days out and i thought she really cared for me but i found out she was just out to try and fleece me
and i nearly had a nerves breakdown and could not stop crying for over 2 weeks and thats how i came
to join carers uk in the first place and
now try and rebuild my life maybe one day i mite find a nice person who is genuine
who i can share a part of my life with
signing off martin.
locking this topic as (a) the OP has not been back since March 2017 and (b) it has been targeted by spammers :(