[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Looking after disabled mother-in-law - Carers UK Forum

Looking after disabled mother-in-law

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
hi iam jan
i am a dental nurse and looking after a disabled mother in law
it is my job to do everyth ing for her as my h usband is an only child
i do find it very tyring at times is there anyody else out there like me
it is nice to be able to talk to other people in the same boat
Hiya and a warm welcome to the forum.
Hello Jan. Good to have you with us.

Sorry to hear about things with your mother in law. Its so tiring caring for someone as well as working. Is your husband supportive and doing his share, or can that be an issue sometimes ? Sorry to ask the question but it was in my mind.

I'm pleased you joined us all here. We are all just trying to do our best for those near and dear to us. many of us find it a struggle, both physically and mentally. And only other Carers really understand what it is like. Do make yourself at home here, Jan. Always folk only too willing to lend a sympathetic ear or to offer gentle advice and support.

Take care,

Robert
Hi Jan, warm welcome from me too. My admiration goes out to everyone who is caring and I also take my hat off to you for working with teeth Image can't think of anything worse! Seriously though, I'm sure you will find a lot of support from the lovely people on the forum - have a look around, especially on roll call (Carer to Carer section) as there is usually someone around there for a natter!

Bell x
Hi Jan,
Welcome from me too. Has anyone suggested that you have a Carers Assessment? Sometimes there are services available that we just don't know about, which might be of interest to mum in law, especially when you are at work. Depending on her circumstances, she might be entitled to Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance. As the benefits system is a bit of a minefield, it might be worth contacting Carers UK helpline for advice on both services and benefits available, if you haven't done so already.
Hi Jan and welcome Image
Hi and welcome to the Forum.Hope you find it useful and fun.You didn`t say much so i was wondering why it is all left to you,what the problems are and is there a care package in place? Image Image Image
Hi Jan,

Good to have you on here. It's important to be able to talk to others who understand your situation, so you've come to the right place Image

Best wishes,
Lucy