[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Just to introduce myself. - Carers UK Forum

Just to introduce myself.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi,

I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Somerset and have two severely disabled children.....although they are not children any more. I have a 27 year old son who has cerebral palsy an a 25 year old daughter who has down syndrome. Both live at home with my partner and I.
Until only a couple of years ago, I have not had help with care. Three years ago, I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid after becoming increasingly ill over a period of about 6 years. At this point I decided to employ some help and have done so ever since.
Within the last week or two, I have encountered a problem and have had cause to contact Carers UK helpline to ask advice. They have been caring and helpful. It was while looking for help on the internet that I found this forum.
I will post about the problem in general discussions, but wanted to introduce myself to you all first. Image
Welcome to the forum Roo!

I'm sure you'll find it very helpful and supportive. Its good that you have received help from CarersLine and also that it lead you here!

Look forward to reading your posts

Take care
Maryann x
Just adding my welcome to the forum Roo, I'm so pleased the helpline was of use to you.

Look forward to hearing more about you and your lovely family.

Take care

Paula xx
Adding my welcome too.Hope you enjoy your time on forum.So much information round the site,please take a good look round.

Rosemary