[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
just saying hi - Carers UK Forum

just saying hi

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I am a home care support worker. I just came to introduce myself. I would like to help other carers, paid or not. Hoping to learn a lot and improve my understanding of things. The more I learn the better I can be at my job. I hope this is a good introduduction post, it is hard to know what to write.
Hi Snoopy, can I ask if you are a carer or a paid care worker because our forum is for unpaid carers?
no1mum, I took it from the introductory statement ' I am a home care support worker' that snoopy86 is a paid care support worker.

I would be pleased if more care workers would read (and if appropriate, comment) on much of what appears in this forum, I wouldn't want to discourage them, so long as they are clear that Carers 'own' it.
I see what you are saying cotula, but in order to comment you have to be a member and if you are not an unpaid carer should you really be a member?
Hmmm. I can add that I am aware of at least one Training in Dementia Care Manager who has used at least one thread from here as training material to assist in his training programme for care workers.

It's the Internet.

I don't know the answer. Just adding another perspective.
And come to think of it, none of us get interviewed or have our references checked do we?

Still thinking Image
Hi

I thought this forum was just for anyone who is a carer. Let me know if I'm allowed to join please before I post anything else. Image
I have PM'd you snoopy.
thanks for the pm.

I am a paid carer, don't worry I will remove my account in just a moment.
Thanks for your time anyhow.
surely paid carers and unpaid carers can share experiences and learn from each other?