[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Introducing myself - caring for elderly Mum - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Introducing myself - caring for elderly Mum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Our first ss involvement was a nightmare too and I avoided them like the plague for as long as possible after, but the second time round although it was the same department it was different people and they were so helpful Image
Thanks Myrtle. We asked the GP to come and see us to discuss everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks. Mum's situation has changed quite dramatically in a short time. The GP has prescribed some tablets to help reduce the swelling in the leg, and after two days I can see some improvement. Apparently the hospital also want to arrange some more investigations, but it's not totally clear why.We think it could be as a precaution, just to be certain they have done everything they can.
I have contacted SS again to ask for an OT assessment. I did another carers assessment over the phone, and this lady was much more helpful. OT will be getting in contact ASAP to arrange an assessment of Mum's needs. Hopefully they can give us some advice, although I doubt they will actually supply any equipment.
Dad is having minor surgery on Friday, and won't be able to do much to help on Friday and Saturday, so it could be a tiring weekend. Image