[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Introducing myself - Carers UK Forum

Introducing myself

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi

My name is Sheryl and I am new to this forum

I am a carer for my father who was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver 2 years ago. As well as this he has a dead nerve in his leg which means that he is unable to walk without a walking stick.

He moved from his first floor flat to a bungalow. The bungalow is in sheltered housing which helps me a bit with my caring role. He has said to me that he is going to try and get a 2 bedroom bungalow nearer to me to make my caring role easier and also due to the fact that his health will gradually deteriorate anyway.

I attend a carers' support group in my local area which gives me a chance to spend time with other carers. I really enjoy going to my support group because they have a very varied programme of activities to enable the carers to take a break from their caring role.
Hi and welcome! Just feel free to look around and ask or join in, there's something here for everyone.
Hi and welcome. Image
I am really enjoying this forum because I really like being able to communicate with other carers in another way as well as the support group I attend.

I feel that by attending the support group I attend and talking to other carers on the forum I don't feel so isolated as I would if I didn't use either of these tools.

The fact that I have these tools available for me makes my caring role easier because I don't feel so isolated and I can communicate with other people who are in a similar situation to me because of the fact that they are also carers and they understand how I am feeling.

The support group I attend meet once a month and they are a really nice bunch of people. The forum is good for me too because I can communicate with carers who are from different places to me and I can also possibly learn about how carers are treated in other parts of the UK.

This forum is a great tool for me and I would definitely recommend it to other UK carers.