I am male 60 single & eat healthily, I live in England, gluten free by choice to lower my high blood pressure, have not needed to see a doctor in 5 years.
My brother 62 is also gluten free by choice to stop his arthritic joint pain.
We both were incontinent, excessive & imperative trips to the toilet or would wet pants, my overnight trips were 6 or more, passing upwards to a Litre of urine.

We visited our EU uncle in November 2017 for 3 days and improved within 2 days, the third day no toilet trips in the night, also I noticed my number 2’s had hardened, we both noticed the change.

On our return to England, the incontinence returned within 12 hours after drinking ‘tap water’.

In 2016 I was in the EU for a month I drank tap water then, it was like being in England so never questioned it, overnight trips were 6 or more, just a every day occurrence.

We guessed that our lifestyle change was the trip, we realized that our EU uncle’s mains tap was fitted with a ‘in-line carbon water filter’, it was used for all the cooking and drinking in his home.

We both have altered what we now drink, my brother uses ‘carbon filtered water’ he is now okay.
It took me longer ‘carbon filtered water’ was not enough, I still had problems, I had to detox for a month with bottled water, cheapest was ‘chase spring water’ sold by Aldis/Tesco.
(Not all bottled waters are safe, some I found are like tap water so am wary)

I can now use ‘carbon filtered water’ for drinking and also for cooking.
My toilet visits during the day are when I want to go & at night down to 1 or 2 visits expelling 300-400 ml, I sleep better. My blood pressure has improved also.

I have had relapses, not all food café's ‘carbon filter’ there water before selling hot drinks to clients. Each episode takes me 24 to 48 hours to detox.

There is something in England & EU mains water supplies which forces me to go more often than need be, I do not know which of the additives they add to clean the water to make it safe for consumption. I just wish they did not add it, maybe use something similar, but without the side effects.

I Lost my mother aged almost 97, 2 years ago, she had dementia, was type 2 diabetic, incontinent and had a colostomy bag,
i left work to care for her, was her main carer for 12 years after me Dad died.

If i knew then, what i know now, i would have used carbon filtered water for drinking and cooking, she was very incontinent and on occasion there was liquid diarrhea in her colostomy bag.

The filtered water may have improved both our lives.