[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I should have joined ages ago! - Carers UK Forum

I should have joined ages ago!

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi all.

Yes I should have joined but you know how life passes by.

I'm Angie, mum to a 20 yr old daughter with a condition called (quick giggle permitted) Prader-Willi syndrome, she is also an insulin dependent diabetic. I'm married and have another 4 adult childen, one of whom lives at home.
I don't want to go into waffle and moan mode in my first post but suffice to say, the past few years have been increasingly difficult for us because of our daughter's behavioural problems culminating in a near breakdown for me last year.

I have anxiety issues (panic attacks and agoraphobia) which although aren't caused by our particular situation, it doesn't help them either!

Contrary to how the above might appear, I do have a sense of humour and love a laugh, it's just that there seems to be very little to smile about recently with the pressure we have been under..in her twenty years we have had just one week of respite and that was last October.

I'm very glad to meet you all and hope that I can have a moan when needed without anyone thinking Im a miserable so..ahem, so and so. Image
Hi Angie Image

Welcome to the Forum.

Don't worry about telling us how you feel. All of us on here can understand where you're coming from. We also know how important it is to get everything off your chest. A problem shared is a problem halved - and boy, that is true.

Looking forward to getting to know you. Image

Sezzie.
Hi and welcome Ladybird, ranting allowed, also laughing giggles etc. Will be lots more along soon to welcome you. Image
... it's just that there seems to be very little to smile about recently ...
There are few smiling opportunities around so you should make the most of any that come along.

Like today, for example, I managed a few minutes relaxing in the back garden when a ladybird landed on my arm. I watched it until it flew away.

If that was you, then thank you for making me smile.

Welcome to the forum, hope you will share a moan and a laugh with us.
Welcome aboard, Ladybird. Do take a good look round the forum - there really is lots to see!

How do you cope with your daughter's eating? If I remember rightly, the tendency to overeat is a big problem in Prader-Willi?

Good morning and welcome.

Judy
Adding my welcome too. Hope you enjoy your time here as well as gain some support.

x x
Hi Angie and a warm welcome from me. Moans and giggles are a must do thing.

Karen
Welcome from me my friends son has Prader Willi syndrome, did you know that the late Mike Reads (Frank off EE) grand-daughter also has it?
Hi Angie and welcome to the moaners and gigglers!!! Image