[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I'm Yvonne, I'm new here. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

I'm Yvonne, I'm new here.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
On the other hand, my husband went to a tribunal and won (on a different issue). I wouldn't like everyone to think that they are a waste of time, because they are not.
bowlingbun wrote:On the other hand, my husband went to a tribunal and won (on a different issue). I wouldn't like everyone to think that they are a waste of time, because they are not.
I quite agree that a Tribunal can be a very useful tool for some people but my comment to Yvonne was based on what she said about her employer & her depression & not a knocking of Tribunals.

A Tribunal can be an extremely stressful experience if you're facing a vindictive employer with plenty of cash to throw at a good barrister.
I had a ceremonial bonfire and burnt all my old work papers and files- very cleansing :lol:
Hello Yvonne,

Welcome - I too had problems with work and was 'forced' to leave. Even a year on and I still feel 'anger'. 2 members of staff were determined to undermine me and my confidence went right out the window. I also had issues because I was having to take Mum (Rheumatoid Arthritis & blood clot on lung) to Hospital etc. etc. I had to make up hours (even though I had got in early and worked through lunch periods) that I supposedly hadn't done.

I went to CAB when I left, and spoke to an Employment specialist. He was very good and said that I had been forced to leave, but to take my Employer to court was not sensible. He took the time to explain that it would have been expensive and Employers would twist everything. I remember talking the issue over with my family and they said, yes Viv, you've given up your job but you probably would lose any legal case. We will support you as best as possible.

The cruel irony of my situation is this - 1) the company I worked for has made a number of people redundant and 2) I have recently found out, that when anyone leaves the company for whatever reason, all staff are advised not to talk or get in touch with the 'leaver'.

I'm glad I'm out of it - yes I may not have as much money as I had before, but my stress levels have been drastically reduced.

Yvonne, you are not alone - we are here for each other, to scream, shout, cry, moan or even smile!

Take care and a BIG virtual hug is on it's way.

Viv
xx
Vivien wrote:Hello Yvonne,

Welcome - I too had problems with work and was 'forced' to leave. Even a year on and I still feel 'anger'. 2 members of staff were determined to undermine me and my confidence went right out the window. I also had issues because I was having to take Mum (Rheumatoid Arthritis & blood clot on lung) to Hospital etc. etc. I had to make up hours (even though I had got in early and worked through lunch periods) that I supposedly hadn't done.

I went to CAB when I left, and spoke to an Employment specialist. He was very good and said that I had been forced to leave, but to take my Employer to court was not sensible. He took the time to explain that it would have been expensive and Employers would twist everything. I remember talking the issue over with my family and they said, yes Viv, you've given up your job but you probably would lose any legal case. We will support you as best as possible.

The cruel irony of my situation is this - 1) the company I worked for has made a number of people redundant and 2) I have recently found out, that when anyone leaves the company for whatever reason, all staff are advised not to talk or get in touch with the 'leaver'.

I'm glad I'm out of it - yes I may not have as much money as I had before, but my stress levels have been drastically reduced.

Yvonne, you are not alone - we are here for each other, to scream, shout, cry, moan or even smile!

Take care and a BIG virtual hug is on it's way.

Viv
xx
Vivien, how refreshing to hear that someone else was treated exactly the same as I was, not nice but refreshing, yes I still have anger pangs over what was I feel my life being snatched from me, but I console myself with the fact that as they stabbed me in the back it seems I was living a lie anyway... They recently announced that there are going to be many store closures at this company where I worked. (think orange aprons) there are those I think deserve to lose their jobs but in general there are those that I think I hope they don't, would hate to see anyone even the backstabbers end up in financial trouble like me... but that just proves one thing, I'm not a bitch of the same calibre as they are as they didn't think twice about me... I'm happier now though and I think both you and I are better off without their sort.
Henrietta wrote:I had a ceremonial bonfire and burnt all my old work papers and files- very cleansing :lol:
Lol, that takes me back.

Yes I shredded any paperwork that would have given my successor a head start.

I built up my sector from scratch so I left it for my successor do the same.

Lol !!
Takes me back too :D .

And for what it's worth, Yvonne, it took me years to think of myself as a carer. To me, I was and am just a daughter.