[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I’m thinking of walking away - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

I’m thinking of walking away

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
No they didn't, but it'd probably be an assumption when he lives with me and I have medical POA registered with the hospital.

I made it very clear in my email to OH that I'll cook and clean while at home but am often called to meetings in Scotland with overnight stay so he'll need a carer for meals if that happens, and absolutely no personal care at any time ever.

I'm a sense I'm not a carer in that he's mainly independent normally. But I am in other ways as treatments make him v forgetful so I accompany / take him to all treatment, Dr's / hospital appts. And while he reserves his energy for Mr Cancer fighting warrior, life and soul of the pub for the weekend, I get the gripes moans and groans all week. The only time I see him smile or enthused is a Monday when he's telling me the lovely time he had at the weekend at hers.

And honestly if one more person tells me to treasure the time I have left with him, how lucky I am to share his final years months and days, I should make and treasure memories with him, I swear they're getting a poke in the eye with a rusty spoon.
I can't remember the formal definition of a carer, but it's along the lines of "If you are doing things for someone else that has a significant effect on your on life, then you are a carer. Surely that applies to you?
Yep, so that's me officially a carer then. :shock: :roll: