[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I'm new here - any magical words much needed - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

I'm new here - any magical words much needed

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Liz_0122 wrote:That actually made me laugh Albert because one of my friends calls me Cinders for that very reason!!!
I'm very glad that I made you laugh.
You deserve all the laughs you can get.

This may bring another smile....
When in Tesco and the check out girl asks
me if I have a club card, I say,
"Only hearts and diamonds." :)
:D Albert. You sound like you have diamonds in your heart!
My husband had a dry sense of humour. Often shows even now in his lucid times. Sometimes, if he was asked how I am,he would reply," she's fine, better than nothing "! Tongue in cheek, I hasten to add.
How very apt is helicopters as a description Mrs A!
It shocks me that people can be so thoughtless/selfish but clearly it's a popular way to be!

Haha Albert I hope the checkout staff appreciate your humour, we do :)
Just to clarify - are you saying your mum owns her house, but has only £23k in savings? But you put the ENTIRE VALUE of your property that you sold into your parent's house (now your mum's) and into their 'living expenses'?

IF that is so, then the first thing to say is that your mum should IMMEDIATEKY make over to you the percentage equity of her house that represents the TOTAL amount YOU put into both the house and their 'living expenses' - ie, YOU MUST OWN THAT PORTION OF THE HOUSE.

That is NON-NEGOTIABLE< and your mum must do that immediately! Otherwise you have spent the ENTIRE value of YOUR house on THEM - and got SOD all back. Plus, of course, (a) your mum may have to sell her house to pay for her residential care at some point and (b) your waste of space siblings will put their hands out for 'their share' (as if!) once your mum dies.

Sorry if I've got you wrong on this!