[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I'm new and desperate for help - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

I'm new and desperate for help

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Mum is going back home 2moro and made it clear I am a failure loole after her. She has hurt me too much. I can't do it anymore.
*looking after her*
uklady,
Ignore every single one of your mum's hurtful comments, clearly she is so self centred that she is unaware of the upset she has caused in your household. Your daughter must be your first responsibility, and you have a right to a life of your own.
My mam has went home now and I feel like a weight has lifted. She has phoned quite a few times and ive been firm but nice stating I need some space. I'm planning a day out 2moro with my daughter, nice picnic. And going focus on myself..
Well done UK lady. Do you have an answerphone. If so, put it on 24/7 - you can still listen to the messages but only have to pick up the phone when you want to.
<snip>ive been firm but nice stating I need some space. I'm planning a day out 2moro with my daughter, nice picnic. And going focus on myself..
Good for you, stand your ground on that, and have a lovely day tomorrow. Image
Have a lovely time together, it's vital, not selfish, to have quality time.
Hi Diane, and welcome Image
Well done on focusing on your daughter and yourself as well. it's important, and although it seems it will last forever, (believe me, I've been there Image ) teenagers will soon grow into (hopefully) sensible adults.

Love Phoebe x
Hi Uklady45,
oh how my heart goes out to you, what a terribly stressful situation. Elderly people can become quite verbally nasty, I think it is out of fear and frustration at how they have become. It must be so hard for you to bear.