[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
i'm new - Carers UK Forum

i'm new

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi I am a 45 year old mum who cares for a six year old son with autism and possibly adhd I am married

Have no family nearby and a bit of support but still find it hard at times

Hope to meet people in a similar situation but would be happy to speak to anyone really
Jennifer
Hello Jennifer Image

Welcome to the Forum Family Image Good to have you with us and thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. Hope things are not too bad with your son right now.

Glad you have a 'bit of support' but am not surprised you find it hard at times. Caring is tough, not just physically but mentally too. Guess you know that all too well !

Make yourself at home. Lots of friendly and supportive folk here so please feel free to ask anything or just to share things. We're all here to help one another. At least I think thats how it works Image

All good wishes,

Robert
Hi and welcome to the Forum.Hope you find it useful and fun. Image Image Image
Hi Jennifer ,

Warm welcome from me too Jennifer. There are lots of lovely people here to ensure you are not alone and will support you in any way we can.

Join in whenever you can...roll call is usually a good place to keep up with the gossip!

Take care,
Bell x
Hi Jennifer, welcome, hope you find the website useful, i certainly have in the short time since i joined up. Look forward to hearing from you when you have time Image Image
Hi Jennifer,
Welcome to the Forum. My son has severe learning difficulties and was extremely hyperactive when he was young, fortunately this lessened as he grew up - he's now 33. I know just how exhausting this can be. Have you applied for DLA yet, and Carer's Allowance? Unless you are a high earner, the Family Fund may be able to help you - they will provide all sorts of support, from driving lessons to holiday money. Hope that helps.
We're here if you need us; we'll do our best to support you anyway we can.

I credit this forum with my sanity!
Hi and Welcome
Image Image Image
Hello.

Welcome to the site.

I care for my 10 yr old who has Autism.

Lots of lovely supportive people here .

Tracey x