[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I HAVE NOTHING TO LIVE FOR - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

I HAVE NOTHING TO LIVE FOR

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello Joanne. Thanks for sharing your feelings. Right now I am sure things seem to be terrible, but I'm sure you can pull through this bad phase and enjoy a better life.

I am not trying to deny that the problems that are worrying you are very real, but some things do seem to be going in your favour.
  • You have a home. I don't know what type of home this is but a roof over your head is one of the most valuable things in life. If you have fears you may be homeless soon then tell us a little more about it.
  • You have a job. So you have income. It's probably not a small fortune but that also goes for most of us on this forum. It enables you to afford life's essentials.
  • If your dad has dementia then a care home is the best place for him - for his benefit and also yours. There he will be cared for by professionals with the necessary knowledge and equipment. You cannot do as good a job yourself. You can visit him as often as you like but do not have the responsibility for caring 24/7. That cannot be bad. You need to give yourself time for yourself and time to sort out your problems, which I am sure you can do.
So some things are not so bad. Now let's have a look at the things that are really worrying you.

You come across as acutely worried about your financial situation. Since Social Services helped you place your dad in a care home, how are they helping you? They should be aware of how this will leave you.

Where are you living at the moment? Is it Dad's house, or do you have a flat; is it private or Council; have you been served notice to quit? Give us a few more details and we may be able to help further.

And as others have suggested, keep in touch with your doctor, who can assist with the state of depression that you are currently going through. People do pull out of these depressed phases and so will you.
Hello again, Joanne. I'm concerned that we haven't heard from you for a while. How are things going?