[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Newbie - Carers UK Forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi I am new to this forum and also care for my partner. All the information I have read are very helpful but it would be nice to have friends
Hi Joanne and welcome
We're a mixed bunch and some of us (like me) are no longer involved in caring but more than happy to pass on any info and help where we can. In order to get posts from people who have 'been there' or are currently in a similar position to you, if you feel like it, you can share some more information, such as what's wrong with your partner, how long you have been caring and so on. A lot of us use 'pen names' and never give out any sensitive information such as your full name or address on the open forum.
If you are looking for some lighter chatter which is not completely care orientated, then have a look at 'Roll call' which is more concerned with day to day living and other interests like behaviour of pets and what's growing in the garden! (For example).
Hope you find this forum a good place to connect to other people who understand. We are all, or have been, in a caring role.
KR
E.
Hi everyone .. I'm newbie .. I care for my daughther was has moderate living difficulties and mental health problems .. I currently looking for online support as I'm finding it difficult at moment .. I have insonmia and anxiety and find it hard to relax.

Thanks
Hi Ann
Would you mind telling us how old your daughter is? It just makes such a difference to benefits and treatments etc

Also,
Hi Joanne

Both, just jump into any thread you want, or start one of your own
We don't bite :D
MrsA
My son is 37, with severe learning difficulties. I'm having a real battle with the LA right now. Are you getting enough help and support?
Hi there..

My daughther is nearly 20 yrs old .. it has been struggle as she had been on the education statement on only 5 hrs support. I managed to get her on the new system but it early days .. now she that she is an adult then criteria changes as she not seen as a person with learning disabilities as she managed wid help but that wid help .. without help then she will definitely struggle. I realised that my daughther has been to 7 school through her life .. it is terrible ... even though she done well from p score to btec 2 .. her emotional and wellbeing has been effected.
Thanks

quote="MrsAverage"]Hi Ann
Would you mind telling us how old your daughter is? It just makes such a difference to benefits and treatments etc

Also,
Hi Joanne

Both, just jump into any thread you want, or start one of your own
We don't bite :D
MrsA[/quote]