[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
i am new to forum - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

i am new to forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello Pat :)
Welcome to the best group on the interweb :D
Hi Pat,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to read about the stressful situation you're in. It sounds as though you need more than just the occasional short respite break, as you have been under a strain for so many years that it is surely taking a toll on your own health.

Please don't let your husband's temper tantrums etc put you off seeking further help/respite care. He may hate it when others take over the caring duties during your absence, as you are his preferred carer, but think of it this way - at the moment he has things his way most of the time, so isn't it only fair that you have things your way a little more often? It must be very hard for him having all those health problems, but I think you need to put your own needs first occasionally, even if he doesn't like it much.