[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I am a carer for my abusive abusive disabled husband - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

I am a carer for my abusive abusive disabled husband

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello Claire and welcome to the forum

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your husband. I've sent you a private message from our Carer Support team which you can see by clicking on 'Private messages' near the top right of your screen.

with best wishes

Jane
Hi CFH,

Perhaps a home is the best thing for him. He can have nurses and support there 24/7.

Reading your post brought back awful memories for me. Your husband sounds quite like my Dad. Back in those days, I thought it was normal for Dad's to be like that but I was only young. When he got diagnosed with cancer, he went from bad to worse. They were bloody awful times.

Why don't you let your daughter go and stop with her Nan at weekends? You are not failing her as a Mother at all. It will give your daughter something to look forward to instead of dreading the shenanigan's at home.

Denis asked a few questions about your housing situation. If you answer those, we can advise you better.

Good luck.
I am so sorry you find yourself in this terrible dilemma.
I would contact Social Services for a Carers Assessment, but also you could tell them about his threatening behaviour to you and the children. This is a Safeguarding issue and if you mention that word they will have to take some action.
He has no right to behave towards you in this way, but there must be some brain damage after the strokes.
There are resources specifically for domestic abuse victims, and I suggest you google that and see what might be available in your area or online.
This forum is an ideal place for you to be able to share your caring role and all its very tough times
Hope this helps a bit
Jennifer