[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Husband has lost his Attendance Allowance? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Husband has lost his Attendance Allowance?

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
If in the appeal you are asked to describe your husband's disabilities on a typical day, be sure to describe how his physical and mental, emotional condition impacts his ability to perform all activities of daily living. You can find lists of ADLs on the internet. I remember completing my application for American social security disabilty with respect to Parkinson's disease. It was very gruelling. Try to cover all activities and emphasize what he cannot do , has difficulty doing and what he needs help with. Of course be honest but think of what happens on bad days. You could also research the known deficits expected with your husband's diagnosis to jog your memory of likely deficits and then link them with ADLs. It can be a distressing task but be realistic. I hope all goes well with the appeal.
I think it is important to stress that your Husband has care needs at night, especially to be awarded the higher rate of AA.