[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bored house-husband - Carers UK Forum

Bored house-husband

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi All, I dont know what I am. MY wife is registered disabled but I am not entitled to to claim carers allowance due to the fact that I have been off worrk due to cancer. I get 135 pounds a fortnight as ESA as I was deemed fit to work by a government fitness assesment. You all must know what I mean by that. Stand on one leg and touch your nose. Its a joke. I had half my tongue removed and the glands under my left jaw cut out. I have a 10 inch scar that runs from my chin to just above my left ear. I still have pain and swelling after six months. I was a welder previousley and I am now 52 years old. I cannot go back to my old job, but whats left? For anybody looking for someboby in the Leeds area, I will work hard for a fair wage.
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum. I've split your post into it's own thread as it's your first post.

Karen
Welcome David, its ridiculous whats happening with esa nowdays a big worry for us all
Hi David and welcome.
wellcome david that esa is a joke wile they are going round telling people they are fit to work when they are not ready they arein a job and being payed a a big wage they wount be worrying about ther money good luck david it must be a worry take care Image
I get 135 pounds a fortnight as ESA as I was deemed fit to work by a government fitness assesment.
That is slightly better than Carers Allowance at £111 per fortnight. But benefits are a total minefield, it is worth checking with welfare rights or the CAB in your area if you are missing out on anything. And I would never rule out work as an option for anyone, I'm a working carer myself and it can be done, believe it or not. You say]I was a welder previousley and I am now 52 years old. I cannot go back to my old job, but whats left? For anybody looking for somebody in the Leeds area, I will work hard for a fair wage.[/quote]
Thats a brilliant work-ethic: all you need to do now is develop a marketing plan so you can let the public who need welding jobs done know how to find you. Bypass the middleman, be your own boss: and you can make a sensible income - there are regional business development agencies dying to help you with loans, freebies and sound business advice!