[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HUBBY WITH EMPHESEYMA AND POSSIBLE LUNG CANCER - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

HUBBY WITH EMPHESEYMA AND POSSIBLE LUNG CANCER

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
80 posts
Thanks Myrtle, I hope Trevor gets my e mail address safely.
Just want to say Myrtle, I am very grateful for all your help. I am not very happy with another monitor on this Board, and in fact because of her I feel I must leave it. To me, it is too much like being at School and I left School years ago, please dont think it is anything you have done, I think you have been really kind to me. Thanks Myrtle xx

Dolores
Dolores, I can only assume that you are referring to my earlier post on this thread. I am not a school monitor, I too left school a number of years ago, I'm a moderator. If you are unhappy in any way about the way I've dealt with anything on this post then there are appropriate channels you can go through, other moderators and administrators. Had I or any other moderator seen your latest post it would have been dealt with in the same way as Myrtle dealt with it.

Karen
Karen, please do NOT bring Myrtle into this, she has been very kind and I like her. I am talking about when you said I had a gripe with Blue Eyes and I told you I did not have a gripe with her or anyone on this Board. I just do not like how you spoke to me and that is the reason I am leaving this Board, it has nothing to do with Myrtle, I hope I have made myself clear.

Dolores
Dolores, I don't think anyone has been unreasonable, but when people are stressed minor misunderstandings can become major disagreements.

I think that's what happened here. It does happen from time to time because most carers are more stressed than they realise. A single word may be badly chosen and might then become the source of a battle. But I'm pretty certain that battles like that we can all do without - we have enough real ones! Image I can only imagine the stress you're going through at the moment because although I've been a carer for many years, across several health issues, I've never had to deal with a situation like yours.

It's one of the reasons that, if anyone has a problem with a moderator's actions, they are expected to take it up with Matt or Gavin, who manage the site for Carers UK. We mods are all volunteers and have our own caring situations. There will always be times when, as a moderator, we can cause more upset when we are trying to prevent it. I've done it myself and it's usually been because someone has fixed on one word or phrase that they've objected to. It happens. We all try to be fair, supportive and reasonable - and I think we all do a good job of it on the whole.
Thank you Charles, you have tact and diplomacy, as should all good moderators. I have had my say and will forget it from now on, at least I have made two good friends on this Forum, and I am grateful for that. We are all humans and all make mistakes from time to time, I accept that, I hope we can leave it at that now.

Dolores
Hi Dolores
My name is Mandy (50) and i care for my husband Andy (55) , he has Intractible Uncontrolled Epilepsy from a bike accident the day Elvis died. The Epilepsy only started in 2000 and then uncontrolled from Nov 2009.
I suffer from Manic Depression that only came out after i gave up nursing in 2007. I put all my mania into running a High Dependency Unit for Chronic Bronchitic, COPD, Emphysema patients and also cared for Male Lung Cancer patients pre home or hospice. I also dealt with arranging Oxygen and home and support services. Whilst inhalers and nebulisers will change in the drug itself the principles of their use are exactly the same as they were at the end of 2007.
I would like to offer any support and my knowledge regarding your husbands condition within the confines of my role in the past. Bear in mind i am no longer nursing but caring for my husband now 24 hours a day.
If i can be of any help and assist in your understanding and problems a little more about Daves needs both Physical and Psychological i am here and willing to help. By all means send me a personal message but my access to computers depend on my husbands seizures- its intermittant.
Unless anyone has ever been so short of breath for longer than a minute they can be compassionate but unable to be empathetic. it is excruciatingly painful asnd life draining both for the person suffering and their loved one who cares.
Kindness and Friendship - Mandy
To Kat Collins who sent me a lovely private e mail, Kat you said I could be your friend on Facebook well there are quite a few Kat Collins on Facebook and I dont know which one you are.
I cannot send a private message back for some reason and I am not allowed to put my e mail addy on here, so please can you get back to me and let me know which Kat Collins you are and I would love to reply to you and be your friend.

Dolores
My name is Mandy (50) and i care for my husband Andy (55) , he has Intractible Uncontrolled Epilepsy from a bike accident the day Elvis died. The Epilepsy only started in 2000 and then uncontrolled from Nov 2009.
I suffer from Manic Depression that only came out after i gave up nursing in 2007. I put all my mania into running a High Dependency Unit for Chronic Bronchitic, COPD, Emphysema patients and also cared for Male Lung Cancer patients pre home or hospice. I also dealt with arranging Oxygen and home and support services. Whilst inhalers and nebulisers will change in the drug itself the principles of their use are exactly the same as they were at the end of 2007.
I would like to offer any support and my knowledge regarding your husbands condition within the confines of my role in the past. Bear in mind i am no longer nursing but caring for my husband now 24 hours a day.
If i can be of any help and assist in your understanding and problems a little more about Daves needs both Physical and Psychological i am here and willing to help. By all means send me a personal message but my access to computers depend on my husbands seizures- its intermittant.
Unless anyone has ever been so short of breath for longer than a minute they can be compassionate but unable to be empathetic. it is excruciatingly painful asnd life draining both for the person suffering and their loved one who cares.
Kindness and Friendship - MandyAmanda Read

Private message

Just found this now Mandy, I would love you to be my friend. The hospital STILL doesnt know what is causing my hubby's hot spots and they have now put him on some TB tablets in case it is TB, they dont know whether it is Cancer or TB so at the moment they are treating him for TB

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, I guess we have to take a day at a time, but it is hard, I know
ive sent my email in pm
80 posts