[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How do I stand with my mortgage? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

How do I stand with my mortgage?

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Thanks everyone ;)
Hi Jules,
I'm not sure you have thought about everything yet, it's not just the mortgage.
If you son has very high care needs, then is he receiving every single benefit which he is entitled to.
Have you asked Social Services for a recent Needs Assessment for him, and Carers Assessment for yourself.
Is he currently receiving any care from Social Services, entitled to Direct Payments?
How has his personal contribution worked out, is there an element of "rent" included or contribution towards household expenses?
Who manages his money? Are you being given anything from his money for the care you provide?

I'm sure I've only dealt with the tip of the iceberg here too! Please ring or email the helpline who will go through every single aspect of your move to becoming a full time carer. The helpline is usually busy, but emailing will give you a really detailed answer within a week.