[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Worried what will happen after? - Carers UK Forum

Worried what will happen after?

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
May be many people have ask this question before as I'm new to the forum hope people will not mind replying to my question again..As I am providing round the clock care for the disabled and elderly person for last 14 yrs and for the last 14 years we are living in housing association owned property our rent paid by housing benefit, As a full time career I was not able to work or save any money for future, I am 40 years old single man and have no other family member to ask for help, since I turn 40 there is one thing is keeping me awake in nights... God forbid something happens to the person I am looking after... What will happen after

When I look back 14 years ago, I was young energetic and Healthy person with full time job with saving for future I was even going to buy a property but now I have nothing left I can't abandon the person I am looking after and seriously worried what will happen after (God forbid) something happens to the person I am looking after...

Will I be able to keep my current accomodation
After how many days I ll be ask to start paying the rent for the property I live in
How likely is I will be able to get a job and ll I be able to get a mortgage
Do I have to live whole my life in rented accommodations etc
As I am not working and don't have any pension, what will happen when I will reach the age of retirement
Top priority is to establish whether or not you have a right to succeed your mum as tenant for the property. Write, don't ring, to the housing association, and ask them to reply in writing. You may be entitled to Housing benefit afterwards. Does mum have more than £23,000 in savings? Do you have any brothers or sisters? Is mum claiming Attendance Allowance? Do you have Power of Attorney?
bowlingbun wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:48 pm
Top priority is to establish whether or not you have a right to succeed your mum as tenant for the property. Write, don't ring, to the housing association, and ask them to reply in writing. You may be entitled to Housing benefit afterwards. Does mum have more than £23,000 in savings? Do you have any brothers or sisters? Is mum claiming Attendance Allowance? Do you have Power of Attorney?
Thanks for your response...Yes my mother is receiving Attendance Allowance, one point we had saving of £36000 but now we don't have any saving, I have two brothers and one sister but they all have families of their own and each of them have four kids living in three bedroom houses,
I am glad I have join this forum and thank you for your reply because this is the first time I ever heard about Right to Succeed as well as Power of Attorney
can you please let me know where can I get more information on Right to Succeed and how to write Power of Attorney Also is there any fix period of time they pay Housing benefit
Hi Zahid ... on the Right of Succession , SHELTER are the experts :

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_ ... on_tenancy

Can you inherit a housing association tenancy?

You may have the right to inherit a housing association tenancy if you are living there when the tenant dies. Find out about succession rights for partners and relatives of housing association tenants.

Contact details off that web page !

In addition , a couple of old threads from readers in similiar positions :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... dies-25780

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... sion-31553

The second thread does NOT make good reading !