[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi there, new to the forum - Carers UK Forum

Hi there, new to the forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello!

I should have done this aaages back really but there we are. I've been caring for both the wife and one of our kids now for quite a fair whack of time so yeah, this is kinda long overdue in joining up and saying hi. So erm "hi!"

Mrs Bobbins has a fair old bag of woes from Addisons to mental health issues to physical health issues rounded off with constant pain, she's pretty wonderful and I generally don't know how she manages to get through most days but she does and that sorta makes it all worthwhile and the kid's got his own ADHD and autism thing and all that comes with that at the best of times.

The past couple of years have been a bit of a grind because my health's not been at its best and we've got a new daughter now who, bless her, is quite the terror when she wants to be. That sort of cute, smirky terror that gives you that smile as she's about to pull the cupboard door off its hinges onto the cat but still, yeah. She's great but hasn't learned to sit down for more than 5 seconds yet.

So yeah, that's me. Erm. Hi!
Hi Bobbins and welcome :)
Hi there, good to see you here. I am amazed you can still sound cheerful with that lot at 4am - or is it a bit of a mask? I have a friend who comes from Mersyside who says "I am bobbins" by which she means that she feels awful.............

Have a look around, there are sections for questions and answers, social area for general chat, information and places to have a good rant! You are among friends here.
Hi Bobbins, it certainly sounds as if you have your hands full, no wonder you've not had time to join up sooner. Welcome to the forum.

Melly1
Thanks for the welcome everyone and yeah, I'll have a good look around. Much appreciated!
crocus wrote:Hi there, good to see you here. I am amazed you can still sound cheerful with that lot at 4am - or is it a bit of a mask?
It's just tiring, mainly. Being up and on duty at all hours is the real crippler but y'know, could be worse and all that. I'll be a whole lot more chipper when the youngest decides that sleeping right through the night is a really good plan. She's got the most amazing habit of shrieking the house down at erm, funnily enough, roundabout 4am.

Anyway, thanks everyone.
Hi there. I joined in Feb' but didn't get back on til recently, and I'm finding it a great source of support. I even hope that I can offer a little something of that to others.
I know how hard it can feel in our situation as carers, but its good to know there are others out there coping as we somehow manage too, and just comforting to know you're not on your own.
You're doing a great job!
Best wishes xx
Hi Bobbins and welcome.

I too care for my wife who is in chronic severe pain following spinal surgery and I also don't know how she gets through it.

I'm suffering a few health issues and I think that comes with the territory as we tend to focus on our caree and take less care of ourselves.

Hope you find the forum useful.
Hi I'm simon and I'm new to the forum as well