[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Threatening behaviour from a neighbour - Carers UK Forum

Threatening behaviour from a neighbour

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi all I hope someone has had experience in this, my wife currently suffers from both physical and mental disabilities and my progress with her mental state has taken a right big knock at the moment due to a neighbour threatening her over something that she supposedly owes her but does not. This has been on going for about 2-3 weeks now and it is starting to affect my own health. I have contacted my local housing officer but things do not seem to be going anywhere. I have also contacted DLS with regards to any advice that they can offer me legally and have also been in contact with my local MP (awaiting response) to see if there is anything that they can help with. I am now at the end of my tether as my partner is now refusing to go out of the house at all and I'm afraid that she will start to self harm again due to the stress she is being put under. I am hoping there is someone out there that can give me some advice on this matter as I don't know where to turn now.

Thank you all in advance
Hi Craig and welcome Image
Sorry but I don't think I'm able to offer any suitable advice, but didn't want to read and run. Hopefully there will be somebody along shortly who will be of help to you.
India.x
Thank you for your acknowledgement
No problem Craig. Stick around, somebody will answer you soon.x
I will do thanks again India
Hi Craig,

Are you able to speak with your neighbour or is she not approachable? If you can speak to her ask her if she's got proof. It's a difficult situation, no easy solution. I had the same problem last year with one of Mum and Dads neighbours (Mum has since passed away) and when I asked for proof, yes they got aggressive but backed down and we heard nothing more.
I think basically he was a bully and thought Mum and Dad would be easy pickings because of their age (Mum was 82 at the time and Dad 90).

Hope you get replies quickly from people that you've contacted.

Take care

Jen
We have already gone through the proof but with them and they have nothing. They are becoming quite aggressive and threatening to my wife but only when it is them and us no other neighbours about. I was just wondering if they was anything else I could do but thank you for your advice
Have they become aggressive in such a way you could involve the police?
It might be an idea to try to get some medical proof of how this has affected your wife or even to just get it noted in her medical records.
The police have been involved and all we keep getting from them is their is nothing much they can do until they are caught acting on threats even though I have recorded some of the stuff said to us. I have been informed to continue contacting the police so that the person finally gets the message. I've been in contact with the doctors and have seen them with my wife so that has been noted and also other healthcare professionals are involved with us so they have been informed. Thanks for your advice
Update

Just received a call from local mp's office and they are going to find out what is going on as they feel it is wrong what is happening. The guy I spoke to said that he was glad I contacted them as they never hear about these sort of things. Let's see what happens