[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi recently joined - Page 2 -Carers UK Forum

Hi recently joined

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi Nezzie,
Welcome to the forum. As the others have said, we just pop on the forum when we can and then check back for replies. You can see at a glance who is online at the bottom of the Board Index and the red dot by their user name turns green. Some people choose not to be visible when browsing, however.

I'm guessing your son is home for the Easter holidays. Are you able to take him out and about? I care for S, he is on holiday from his college follow on service. We have managed to go out each day, but the days are long - he's still up and noisy and by the time I get him to bed, I'm ready for bed myself.... At least we had better weather today, though we still managed to get very muddy.

Melly1
Ha ha Chris, I know all about it. Worksop' not far from me. I'm north Notts.

Making friends is what I need but it's so difficult when you're isolated. People don't seem to get it that you often can't go places or have to drop out last minute.

It's mainly their egos lol. Actually, think I Need to find my ego, misplaced it some 17 years ago I think lol
Hi Melly1.

I'm luckier than most carers. My son goes to his dads for a couple of weeks a year. Suppose that's how I've found myself at a rate loose end lol.

Yeah my son and I still get to go out when he's home. He doesn't talk much bless him. That's part of the reason the loneliness burns a bit. Ho hum could be worse.

Hope you're having a great day.