[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi Newbie here - Carers UK Forum

Hi Newbie here

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi All
Just to introduce myself. I have been caring for my mother for the last 8 years and she is 92 today! However, her needs are progressive and I am going to have to give up work to look after her now. I am 58 and a nurse and to be honest a bit scared regarding all the benefits I need to claim etc. Any advice?
Heather Image
Hi Heather and Happy Birthday to your Mum Image
Hello and welcome Heather!

I'm in Scotland and we have a local welfare rights officer who is really helpful about advising on benefits. I have friends who've had pretty decent advice through Citizens Advice bureau and the Princess royal trust for carers. I think sometimes advice can be patchy depending on where you live.

I'm sure there are others here who will be able to give more detailed advice. My caring situation is a bit different so what we receive could be different to entitlments for you and your mother.

Debbie x
welcome aboard Heather

x
Welcome to the forum Image