[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi new Member from sunny Eastbourne - Carers UK Forum

Hi new Member from sunny Eastbourne

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi,
My name is Yvonne am a single parent caring for my son who is 16 years old this August he has cerebral palsy and ASD, I have been caring for 16 years it has been hard, but rewarding for me. I use to work full time in investment banking and did this for 19 years, but atlas there is no room for a single parent with a disabled child in the banking world, so I left and decided on a career change, worked in a special needs school in London for 10 years for 2-19 pupils with a range of disabilities. I resigned last July 2010 as I spent more time on unpaid leave and I thought it was time for me to step back as I have crohns disease and had a relapse so my weight went down to around 5 stone. Even though I have no help, in a way it has made me stronger and more determind, me and my son are always strong even when I thought we can't be, we have struggle mentally and physically, but at the end of the day I wouldn't change anything I have learnt so much from him he has been a real inspiration to me.
Thanks for listen
Hello and welcome Image
Hi and a warm welcome to the forum.

Karen
hello and welcome
Hi Livelife,

I opened your post mainly because I also live in East Sussex. It is so good to read a post that has such positiv energy. Thank you and Hi.

Best wishes,
Ralph
And how is your weight now and how are you feeling physically?

soorry that sounded like an interrogation (!) i am just interested but wot i really meant to say was just ...Welcome. Image Image

Hello Audrey,
I really don't mind answering the question about my weight, at present I weigh 7 stone 2lbs, I do improve slowly but as I am on the go constantly it is near impossible for me to gain alot of weight.
I am monitor very closely by a London Hospital and they always work around my son when it comes to appointments and being admitted on day wards. I am lucky I no of people who have crohns and have had numerous operations, and some in wheelchairs too, so I thank my lucky stars for how I am.

Thank you for the welcome.
[quote]Hi Livelife,

I opened your post mainly because I also live in East Sussex. It is so good to read a post that has such positiv energy. Thank you and Hi.

Best wishes,
Ralph[/quote
Hi,
Just read your response, and just wanted to say thank you, I can only be positive for me life is too short, I have worked with too many professionals who have tried to bring me down, but my way of dealing with that is, so long as I have breathe in my body I will always be positive.

Thanks once again.