[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi just joined -Carers UK Forum

Hi just joined

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello I'm new to this site , joined a few weeks ago .
I'm my husbands carer he has Parkinson's ...and just wanted to say hello :)
HI Jayne
Welcome! I care for my husband too. We are both in our late 70's but young at heart. He has multiple problems - spinal injury and its associated 'bone' problems. Winters are not too good for him as he gets older, as he is bothered by the cold for the first time ever. His mobility is not good present so looking forward to warmer lighter days.

Take care and best wishes
Hi Jayne
Welcome. I've no experience of Parkinson's (I care for my adult son who has mental health problems) but just wanted to say hi

Pitch in and post on whatever topics you fancy. We don't bite

MrsA
Hi Jayne
Welcome to the forum. I haven't much experience with Parkinson's.
My husband is in a nursing home. Vascular Dementia and strokes.
You will find the forum very supportive and friendly. If you need to vent, you can, without being judged.
Pet66
Hello , thanks for your messages .
I've been struggling a bit if I'm honest , my husband is 56 and was diagnosed with Parkinson's last year , I'm 51 , didn't think life would turn out like this .
We lost our eldest lad a few years ago and now this ...but I'm trying to be positive .
Hi Jayne
You'll find lots of support on here as most of us are trying to cope with what equates to a bereavement being the loss of our own lives as we thought they would be. Feelings of anger, grief and sadness in variable measures are common and can hit at the strangest times.

Another term we use is 'the new normal' which is what we have to adjust too. It tends not to be pleasing or easy but does eventually evolve into 'normal'

I'm not the best at explaining all these and others will be along to give fuller responses I'm sure.

For me, I can say I am particularly helped by information about carees illness, me time for exercise and my own mental wellbeing and being able to rant on here when I need to.

Over time you will find many ideas that will help you. Firstly give yourself a big pat on the back for finding the forum and coming forward, very important first steps on your caring journey

Xx
MrsA
Thank you Mrs A , I'll get my head round things I'm sure .
Jayne_16101 wrote:Hello I'm new to this site , joined a few weeks ago .
I'm my husbands carer he has Parkinson's ...and just wanted to say hello :)
Hi Jayne.
If you can top-up your husbands blood with some extra oxygen then his condition may improve.
Will look into this , thank you