[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hi, just checking in - Carers UK Forum

hi, just checking in

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello all, I'm not quite sure how to start.
I look after my 60year old husband who had a severe stroke (he wasn't expected to recover but he's as strong as an ox, well he was) in 2007,April 10th. Date never forgotten. Image Image
He has a lot of mental problems, short term almost non-existant memory, he cannot concentrate or follow conversations or TV . He has mobility issues as well as severely restricted sight.
Having said all that-He's lovely- no trouble at all. He's pleasant and easy going so I really do count my bleassings as so many stroke survivers can have altered personality.
I just get tired and lonely. I have arthritis and have had a hip re-surface so it is sometimes a struggle dressing him-kneeing on the floor is murder.
Sorry to ramble on. Image Image Image
Thanks for reading this post
daylily
Hi Daylily, welcome to the forum, lots of help advice, and chat when needed. Image
Hi daylily and welcome to the forum. Plenty of support and advice to be found here also lots of friendly people.
Hi daylily and welcome Image (Lovely name! Image )
thanks Paulingreece,No1Mum and Myrtle.
Image Image Image Image
it's a bit daunting joining a new forum cos everyone knows everyone else.
I don't post a lot but know you're there if I need advice etc.
Thanks again.
xx
Hello and welcome Image
thanks Paulingreece,No1Mum and Myrtle.
Image Image Image Image
it's a bit daunting joining a new forum cos everyone knows everyone else.
I don't post a lot but know you're there if I need advice etc.
Thanks again.
xx
Lovely picture daylily. It is daunting joining a forum when everyone knows each other, roll call is a good place to get to know everyone, even if you don't feel able to post. We're always here to help and support.

Karen
Hello Daylily; welcome to the Forum and hope it will help you feel less lonely. Have you had a Carer's assessment for yourself? x
yes thanks. had an assessment.
just booked our first break for 3 years courtesy of carers outreach sorting it out for me.
they couldn't understand why we wanted a holiday together instead of hubby going in respite but we've never been apart unless we couldn't avoid it so we're going together.
it's actually cheaper paying for both of us in one place rather than me on a holiday and hubby in care.
it's going to be fantastic not having to cook/clean etc as well as looking after my other half
Image Image Image Image Image
Hello and welcome to the forum Image