[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hi im alf im new on here - Carers UK Forum

hi im alf im new on here

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
hi
im
54 i look after my mom who is 90
i have sort of looked after since my dad died when she was about my age
but obviously it has been in more of a caers capasity over oh the last 5 to 10 years

i have to say that social services and the management of the shelterd complex mymom lives in seam to want me out of the way and treat me like a pice of dirt

to be honest between them and the low finances and the isolation i feel at the end of my teather

but hey its not all doom and gloom and ido still have a sence of humer and a brain and a un swaying beleife that i will make it

do drop by and say hi

yours alf
Hi Alf and a warm welcome to the forum.

Karen
thank you
Hi Alf,
Do drop by the rest of the forum too and say hi to others Image
We're a nice crowd and good company.
Hi Alf and welcome Image
hi alf hello and welcome keep your sence of humer Image Image
Hi Alf.
welcome, your in good company here, Image
Hi Alf.

Welcome to the forums .

xx
Hi alf good to know you Image Image
thank you all for saying hi it is good to feel less isolated and to talk to peole that understand which is great

was rather frustrating the other day when my ex wife said well as you are full time carer now you will at least have lots of spair time oh how little they realise yes mom sleeps quite a lot during the day while i have to deal with stuff but then is u and down all night so like many of you i think i had maybe 2 hours sleep (not moaning just saying that those that are not doing it think its easy) bit like when you work nights and peole think that means you have your days free lol