[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hi i'm new to the forum - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

hi i'm new to the forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Dont know what I'd do without this crowd! They've literally saved my sanity!!!

Nice to have you with us Joyce,

Pete Image
Dont know what I'd do without this crowd! They've literally saved my sanity!!!

Nice to have you with us Joyce,

Pete Image
(we keep it in a jar for him - he wasn't using it) Image

Welcome aboard, Joyce!
ooh the jam jar idea sounds just the ticket...wot wiv the history of dementia on both maternal/paternal sides of the family, ...i might just need a wee stash of sanity...just in case my luck runs true to its usul form
oops sorry gemini...i forgot my manners...i did mean to say welcome...really i did....but i forgot....welcome to the forum.....now wot did i do wi the sanity jar...
ooh the jam jar idea sounds just the ticket...wot wiv the history of dementia on both maternal/paternal sides of the family, ...i might just need a wee stash of sanity...just in case my luck runs true to its usul form
think I'll start one of those too - I'm already putting things in odd places Image Image Image
he he me too Image Image
dear susie q

your comment reminded me about a friend from church being gently ribbed about having a 'cool phone'....thinking it was a new all-singing, all-dancing touchscreen must-have new phone .....i asked what kind it was ....she explained that her partner had gallantly informed the grapevine that her decidedly old but much loved phone had gone missing and was later found in the fridge!....and her handbag was found in the sink!!!
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I can totally identify with the misplacing absolutely everything that's given to me - phones, keys, meds and so on. I do have to confess that the start of June did worry me a bit - I briefly forget where I'd left my caree on a day-trip to London! Now that is bad Image He forgave me though...just!
dear harripea

in the case of my friend...its not dementia but genuine forgetfulness....she actually runs a dementia unit....although i do worry about inheriting dementia as there is a family history on both sides of my family....if/ when it does occur no-one will notice any difference in my memory recall skills...or rather the lack of them

i have had a legendarily bad memory since childhood...i would return from school minus gym kit...or anything else not physically bonded to me....my mum used to swear i would have lost my head if it wisnae screwed on!

i have turned up for interviews and exams on the wrong day/ time but the low point is the many times i forgot my own child!!!

my mum and dad would child-mind for us and I would regularly phone my dad to meet them near to my workplace....then promptly forget all about the arrangements whilst tidying up my workspace....and then get on a bus...alone!!! and journey across the city....and hear my wife ask yet again...where's the bairn??????

at least you only left your caree once
I once left my dog at the shops Image
It wasn't til I got home and he wasn't there that I remembered where he was Image Image
Luckily it was only 2 minutes to go back for him!