[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi All - Carers UK Forum

Hi All

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I'm new to this forum and i am currently caring for my wife,who has ms but we have found ourselves getting further and further into debt since she had to give up work over 2 years ago now and we can't seem to find any help for this so i am going to be looking for anyone else that has been in the same situation to offer any advice they can. Thank you
Hi Stephen and welcome to the forum.

There are a couple of good links on this thread.
http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopi ... light=debt
Hi Stephen and welcome to the forum
thanks for the welcome and i will definitely try that link no1mum to see what help i can get
Hi Stephen and welcome
I know somebody who is now deeply in debt, through circumstances over which they had no control. Our local Citizen's Advice Bureau is incredibly helpful over debt problems and have a special department with advisors and a legal team to deal with anyone who is worried. They spend time to make sure the various options are fully understood, and they will give follow up advice and help in form filling (which is invaluable because if filing for bankruptcy for example it is essential to get the forms exactly right first time around). It depends on the size of the debt as there are other options if one can afford to pay back at a sum each month and would prefer not to go the bankruptcy route. The CAB stressed there is no stigma now about that route, it wipes all the debts out, and although it means being under the eagle eye of the insolvency people for a year (or 2 or 3 depending on individual cases) it must be a massive relief not to have any debts. It is so common now that here you do not actually have to go inside the County Court to collect the necessary forms as the security staff at the door hand them out - there are two morning sessions a week set aside for hearing the applications. I do not think the CAB actually say straight out it would be best to take any one of the options but it is invaluable talking to them. They did say, however, that a lot of the websites offering help with debt problems embroider the truth about bankruptcy, making it sound much more complicated than it is, in order to drum up business.
I know that bankruptcy is not an option for anyone wanting to run a business, work in the financial sector or various other jobs, but is worth it for anyone who just cannot afford to pay a debt.
All best wishes, Thelma
I'm new to this forum and i am currently caring for my wife,who has ms but we have found ourselves getting further and further into debt since she had to give up work over 2 years ago now and we can't seem to find any help for this so i am going to be looking for anyone else that has been in the same situation to offer any advice they can. Thank you
Welcome to the forum Stephen
thanks again for the warm welcome
Welcome aboard Stephen. Hope you find time to take a good look round. There is a wealth of info on the main website too.

Rosemary