[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hi I'm new - Carers UK Forum

hi I'm new

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi I'm linda and a carer to my husband Kenny. I just found out about carers UK through my son Jason's support worker.
Jason is nine and helps with his dad's care. He got very upset about his dad's condition and that is why he has support.
Kenny has copd enphazemia and cirrhosis of the liver. He is wheelchair bound and often gets bad tempered and refuses his meds. Caring for him can be stressful.
Looking forwards to chatting with you guys
Hugs linda xx
Hi Linda, welcome to the forum. Are you getting any support from Social Services? It's so important for you to have a bit of "me" time every week, to get away from all the stress of caring, especially when you have a nine year old son to care for as well. There are a number of people here dealing with COPD and similar conditions, I'm sure they'll be along presently to welcome you. It's often a bit quiet here during the day, busier in the evening.
Hello Linda and welcome :) My son is twelve and has autism and epilepsy. It's just me, him and a slightly deranged cat :)
I don't get any support at the moment from social services but do manage some me time when Kenny is having his lie down and Jason is at school. I use that time to do my cross stitch which I find relaxing. Thank you guys for welcoming me.
:)
Hi Linda and welcome!
Hi Linda

Glad you found Carers UK and the forum
Hellooooooo Linda :)
Hi Linda and welcome to the forum.

Melly1