[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Hello Friends - Carers UK Forum

Re: Hello Friends

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello,
My son died this year from MND aged 41. It is I'm sure the cruelest disease and watching someone you love go through it is heart breaking. I am also caring for another son who has long term drug and mental health problems and I feel so tired and defeated at times. Caring for someone whilst grieving too is the hardest battle life has thrown at me. We have to be grateful that we are alive and hope for strength to go on.
Hi Christine,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry to hear about the death of your son.

It must be very hard to be caring for your other son, when all you really need time to be dealing with your grief.

Melly1
Hi Christine, welcome to the forum. You have been through so much, and I imagine your son's condition isn't any easier as he too is grieving. How much support does he need? You both need a break. Would it be possible for you to both go away for a week to a self catering place perhaps, so at least you got a change of scenery?
Thanks for the replies. As anyone caring for an addict will tell you there is never any money for anything.
Hi Christine, welcome to the forum and my condolences to you and your family for the loss of your son..((HUGS)) . Hope that being with other carers on this forum will be of help to you with caring loving advice and friendships along the way as you care for your other son .

Best wishes,

Sue
Hi Christine
Welcome from me too.
So sorry about your loss. The difficulties you are facing with your other son must be dreadful. Do you get any help?
I'm not in a position to advise unfortunately.