[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi fellow carers - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Hi fellow carers

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hiya Danny, another Devon "bouy" I see. I'm just down the road. We had the social to fit handrails etc. but had to wait a while before they came to fix them. At our other house I did it all myself as you seem to be doing. Its very hard at first and not easy to ask for help, is it?

Nice to have you with us. Most of us are Barking though........ Image

Pete
Hi Danny, welcome to the forum Image
Hi Danny, I'm in Devon too Image
Try the OT at your health team, ours is fantastic. I ring, she comes round within a couple of days at the longest and it's done within a week. We had the ss ot once, took 6 months for her to arrive to assess us! Then she wanted to put in things we didn't want and not what we needed!
Trouble with thresholds, moving in bed (does anyone know a good source of cheap satin sheets?),
hi Danny

I tried googling 'cheap satin sheets' and got a few web sites up, but when I looked most seem to be complete duvet sets with doubles from about £15. Amazon had the most - they also had a selection of 'used' sets cheaper. The following site specifically mentions 'easy slide' and satin sheets for disabled people; but at first glance they aren't cheap. (although there appear to be some 2 for 1 type offers).

www.independentliving.co.uk/between/sheets.html

hope this helps.

susieq
(does anyone know a good source of cheap satin sheets?)
Hi Danny,

We have a cheap textile shop in town which had a load of satin/satin type sheets and duvet covers for about £8. Unfortunately they're not online.

Thanks for being a good sport about us hijacking your thread, I was worrying as "new members" is the place for first posts and I didn't want people thinking thinking we were being disrespectful.

Karen x x
Hi Dan the man, when the O.T comes round to the house, grab her and don't let her go untill shes seen every room and think of things you might need in the future......is the satin sheets to help to manouver in the bed or for comfort, you can ask o.t for a slide sheet if its for manouvering in the bed....hope this is of some use......oh and welcome Image ........mand