[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi fellow carers - Carers UK Forum

Hi fellow carers

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
My wife has had Parkinsons for quite a while now. We learnt to live with it. It sort of became part of the family. However It is now rapidly trying to take over, and we cant stop it.
Sometime over the last few months, I'm not sure when, I made the transition from helper to carer. I've had years to see it coming but it is still a shock. I do feel a bit dazed.
I have worked as a carer and have an NVQ3 in care management but it is still a shock.
I'm amazed that there are people like you out there who have been caring for years and are still positive and chatty.
I have a few problems and queries but one comes to mind.
I have been told that one caree can only have one carer entitled to carers allowance even though two carers may be both involved in caring for well over 35 hours a week. Is this true?
Good to meet you all
Danny
hello danny and welcome Image

We keep each other sane Image Image (if we are Image )
Hi Danny,

Welcome, we do keep each other sane.

Karen x x
I have been told that one caree can only have one carer entitled to carers allowance even though two carers may be both involved in caring for well over 35 hours a week. Is this true?
Hi Danny, and welcome!

Caring does kind of creep up on you sometimes, doesn't it? Image

As for your question, I'm afraid it is true. No matter how many hours a person puts in as a carer, if someone else is also providing care and receives the Carers Allowance for the same person, that's it. Conversely, if one carer is supporting more than one person (this is more common than you might think), they can only receive one Carers Allowance.
Welcome to the forum Dan.Look forward to reading more from you.

Rosemary
x x
welcome to the madhouse Dan Image
Welcome on board Dan. You will meet lovely friendly people on here who will help and support you where they can, but mostly we understand how you feel.

Bluebird Image
Hi Danny and welcome
Lots of great people on here to talk to
Hello Danny nice to meet you and welcome to the forum Image
welcome to the madhouse Dan Image

Who are you calling mad Image Image Image