[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Just saying Hi. - Carers UK Forum

Just saying Hi.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi, I'm Karen. I'm a carer for my Dad.
I could tell you a long story, but it won't help, as we are all going through it!
It is difficult being a carer. Tiring, stressful and very emotional because mostly, we are caring for loved ones..
I hope to get and give support here. x :)
Hi from one Karen to another.
Welcome to the forum, plenty of support and advice to be found on here, have a good look round the boards and join in or start a thread of your own. :)
Hi Karen,
Welcome to the forum. I find caring sressful, but it's easier if you can plan some regularly "me" time to look forward to. Yesterdsy I went to a meeting about the new Carers Act. Soon, we are going to have rights to some sort of life away from caring. It's going to be an intersting year for us all.
About time!
We save the government a lot of money! i know also, from talking to carers, we are entitled to weeks off! No-one tells us that!! (I imagine we have to arrange paid care etc... though...) That will mean our less than minimum wage per hr will be wiped out.
Going to send you a PM Karen, check your pm's in a few minutes.
Hi Karen and welcome.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

Melly1