Hi Everyone!!!!

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi,
Thank you for the warm welcome, it's really boosted my spirits knowing I'm not alone.
Image Image
I've been in touch with my Grandmothers key worker from the day centre who did a lot of phoning round and gave me some points of law to quote. she has also given me permission to use her name regarding these points. My Grandmother has now moved to a different ward in the hospital and having spoken to the nurse in charge(who remembers us both from 8 weeks ago) my mind is a lot easier.
Hi,
Thank you for the warm welcome, it's really boosted my spirits knowing I'm not alone.
Image Image
I've been in touch with my Grandmothers key worker from the day centre who did a lot of phoning round and gave me some points of law to quote. she has also given me permission to use her name regarding these points. My Grandmother has now moved to a different ward in the hospital and having spoken to the nurse in charge(who remembers us both from 8 weeks ago) my mind is a lot easier.
It's good when you can get someone with a bit of authority on side. We had a nurse on the children's ward went behind the doctors back for us and it gave me a bit more strength to carry on the fight.

Rie
Hi,
Just thought I'd update you all. I've had a good chat with the OT at the hospital who has answered all my questions and will involve me in all the assessments. I feel a lot better now.
Hi No1Mum,
just a thought. My wife had to have her Gall Bladder out a month ago. She went down to 7.5 stone. The hospital put her on high protein drinks called "Ensure Plus" You can get them in all kinds of different flavours. Also as a milkshake or a Juice called "Ensure Plus Juse" My Jill likes the former best. They have about 380cal in them and she has THREE a day. Its possible to live on them alone so you dont have to worry if she dosen't eat anything else. See her GP about them. They are free on presription. They cost £2-60 each from a chemist, VAT free remind them!! Its a food. Boots charged me vat the first time I bought them when I'd run out. There are other brands of similar products also.
I'm a newbie around here too. Everyones been so kind and helpful and I'm now not alone anymore.
All the best
Pete
Thanks for the info Pete, I'll mention it to the GP.
Take care,
Karen x