[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hi everyone. - Carers UK Forum

hi everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi my name is Sarah and I am a carer to my mum who has vascular dementia. I have recently moved to littlehampton from london. I have 2 children of 5yrs and 20 months.
Welcome Sarah,if you have any questions please ask.In the meantime take a look round the board,also the main site too.So much information to be found.

Rosemary
x x

Image Hello and welcome
Hi Sarah. Lots of help and advice on here. Just ask. Image
Hi Thanks for making me welcome, have found some very good info. great forum. thanks
Hi Sarah - welcome aboard!
Welcome from me too Sarah!

Paula xx
Hi and welcome.
I was also stuck between two generations with young children and a father in law with dementia, and its a bit of a juggling act. My f-in-l died nearly two years ago, but my son has a learning disability so I cant shake off the carer tag as much as I would like to - guess I'm stuck with it for life!
How does the vascular dementia affect your mum?
Hi excalibur

My mum has good days and bad. she still knows who everyone is, but her short term memory is getting worse. she is quite happy to listen to music or watch musicals on tv every day. her mobility is deteriorating along with the incontinence, but my 2 small children keep her going I think.

It is hard somedays as she doesnt like too much noise and small children do make noise, but they understand quite well i think.
The nights are the worse with the wandering and lack of sleep for me.
Hi and welcome.